Assos Black Equipe RS S9 Men's Bib
The definitive bib shorts for competitive, committed cyclists from the company that originally defined the racing shorts genre—and continues to lead in driving it forward.
- A-Lock Engineering: S9 racingFit system comprising new textiles and technologies working in harmony to stabilize the shorts and secure the insert in place.
- Butterfly Pattern: The primary textile panel fully wrapping the lower back and legs, coming together in the rear. Fewer seams leads to a more uniform hold, less weight, and greater comfort.
- Type.441: A patented 40-guage warp knit, developed specifically for compressive hold and silky comfort. 200g/m2, UPF 50+, moisture wicking (idroFil fastDry), iceColor, odorControl, and extremely durable.
- rollBar: A patented bracing design that mimics a race car’s anti-sway bar by using the bib straps to stabilize the insert and lock it in place as your weight transfers from left to right while cornering.
- ergoBox: A square pattern construction that effectively frames the insert in the back, boxing it in for added stability.
- Carbon Xbib: A single section of elastic material—folded over on itself—forming a supportive A-frame that delivers limited vertical stretch in the rear. Above the “X” junction, a more flexible material is employed, incorporating an antibacterial carbon weave, to wick moisture and lay flat in the front.
- zeroWaist: A raw-cut, tape-reinforced edge for the smoothest transition possible between the body and fabric panel. More comfort with less pressure.
- Ultralight Leg Grippers: A light silicon treatment woven into the leg bands, which reduces fabric bulk and secures the shorts in place without any excessive pressure.
- 30% Seam Reduction: Flatter seams throughout, with fewer overall, translates to more comfort and lower overall weight (180g).
- mod.Dep S9 Basalt: Antibacterial microfiber booster top sheet in 3D basalt colorway. Pays homage to the lava stone that gives us strength, stability, and courage.
- superAir microShock foam: A lightweight open cell foam with a shock absorbing composition that returns to its original position, filling the gap every time pedaling position is changed in the saddle through the shift of weight.
- 3D waffle: A patented, three-layer perforated foam that increases breathability and eliminates excess weight.
- Surface Reduction Design: Insert footprint reduced from previous Equipe Evo pattern to shed extra grams.
- goldenGate: A patented technology that interrupts the stitching along both of the insert’s side panels, allowing a more three-dimensional freedom of movement in this sensitive, rotational area.
- Horizontal Stabilizer: a patented central stitch that secures the rear of the insert to the outer textile, eliminating shifting while pedaling out of the saddle.
- kraterCooler: System of small holes in the front of the insert that increases airflow so that your sensitive areas are kept cooler.
Assos - Size Guide
This size chart serves as a guide only. Exact sizes may vary depending on individual body structure. ASSOS apparel is cut anatomically without restricting movement in the riding position. Bibs might pull when standing upright - this is normal.
Chest Size CM IN XS 88 - 91 34.6 - 35.8 S 92 - 95 35.9 - 37.4 M 96 - 100 37.5 - 39.4 L 101 - 106 39.5 - 41.7 XL 107 - 113 41.8 - 44.5 XLG 114 - 121 44.6 - 47.6 TIR 122 - 129 47.7 - 50.8
Waist Size CM IN XS 70 - 74 27.5 - 29.1 S 75 - 80 29.2 - 31.5 M 81 - 86 31.6 - 33.8 L 87 - 92 33.8 - 36.2 XL 93 - 99 36.3 - 38.9 XLG 100 - 106 39 - 41.7 TIR 107++ 41.8++
Chest Size CM IN XS 77 - 82 30.3 - 32.3 S 83 - 88 32.4 - 34.6 M 89 - 95 34.7 - 37.4 L 96 - 103 37.5 - 40.5 XL 104 - 111 40.6 - 43.7 XLG 112+++ 43.8+++
Waist Size CM IN XS 80 - 86 31.5 - 33.8 S 87 - 93 33.9 - 36.6 M 94 - 100 36.7 - 39.4 L 101 - 107 39.5 - 41.1 XL 108 - 114 41.2 - 44.9 XLG 115+++ 45+++